Nebraska Sanitarium (Lincoln, Nebraska) (Lincoln, Nebraska, US)

A former institution founded in 1895 at College View, a suburb of Lincoln. Assisting in its establishment about four years after the founding of Union College was Dr. J. H. Kellogg, of Battle Creek, Michigan. A large frame dwelling just north of the college campus was secured, and Dr. A. N. Loper took charge. As the work prospered, the sanitarium first rented part of North Hall, the men’s dormitory, then later purchased the building. Despite heavy initial indebtedness the institution prospered, and opened another sanitarium at Hastings, Nebraska, bearing the same name. In 1906 the institution made a clear profit of $12,000, at the same time doing much charity work. The college furnished patronage, the sanitarium used a certain amount of student labor, and the two institutions joined in o...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Lincoln, NE
United States