San Fernando Academy (San Fernando, California, US)

A coeducational boarding school operated by the Southern California Conference from 1902 to 1923. The school, housed in buildings formerly occupied by a Methodist theological school at San Fernando, opened with 50 students under the principalship of H. E. Giddings. At first called Fernando College, it included, in addition to the “regular” course, short training courses for mature students planning to enter the ministry, Bible work, medical missionary work, business, or teaching (including practice teaching in the elementary grades). Its curriculum varied from 11 grades to a year’s training beyond the twelfth grade. In 1906 it was renamed Fernando Academy and in 1914 San Fernando Academy. When a separate Southeastern California Conference was organized in 1915, the school was operate...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
San Fernando, CA
United States